Monday, May 19, 2008

Ascough connections??








Thanks to Steve Ascough for the above images.






The 3 asses carved on the church pew and in the stained glass are from the Ainscough/Ascough coat of arms.

I look forward to finding out more about the Ascough connection to the Ainscough family that Steve Ascough mentions here......
On 19 May 2008, at 17:33,Steve Ascough(sma@smart-innovation.co.uk) wrote:
Good afternoon Barbara,
I have been tracing my family history for the last three years and have accumulated a wealth of information. You are more than welcome to anything I have, though I am sure that some of it will already be known to you.
Specifically, I have kept mainly to the Ascough spelling ( for obvious reasons). My family centred around lower Wensleydale until the industrial revolution when my GG grandfather moved into industrial West Yorkshire.
I have found direct links back to 1770 and more tenuous, but certainly connected, links back to the Wars of the Roses.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Best regards,
Steve
Steve Ascough

No comments: