Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Ainscough-Finch Photos 1869-1890s

Elizabeth Speakman 1860? (1840-1922)
Susannah Ainscough with 8 of her children (1890's)??


Hi
I have a lot of photos from an album that I believe belonged to my GGrandmother Elizabeth Finch, who was the daughter of Mary Speakman (neƩ Ainscough), daughter of Richard Ainscough & Elizabeth Livesey.
These photos are from the late 1860s to the late 1890s, and include some Ainscough family members. There are about 90 of these photos, most of them unidentified. I have attempted to name some of them and estimate the year they were taken. I have copied these photos to a website at:
http://www.magma.ca/~pbridges/

Tony Ainscough suggested I contact you and see if you think it is appropriate for you to add this information to your Ainscough Blog. My interest is in naming the people in the photos.
CAN YOU HELP IDENTIFY ANYBODY?
Paul Bridges - Ottawa, Canada (pbridges@magma.ca)


On 29 Nov 2010, at 19:37, mary holder (member@mlholder.freeserve.co.uk) wrote:

Hi Barbara,
I cam accross your blog/website on the Finch family and was delighted to see a photo of my great great grandmother - Elizabeth Finch (nee Speakman). It appears she was married to William Finch and they had 4 children, one of these being my great grandmother Mary - she Married Charles Craven and had John Craven (my grandfather)...
I will try to spend some time researching Elizabeth's family further - are you also related to Elizabeth???

Would be great to find out more ....

Cheers,
Mary Holder

No comments: