Sunday, October 27, 2013

James Ainscow m Margaret Hindley - Aspull (1780's?)


Hi all
If you recognise this Ainscow in your tree - Aspull 1780s - please get in touch. Either add a comment at the bottom of this entry or email me directly.
Thanks
B


On 25 Oct 2013, at 22:50, Kathryn wrote:

Hi Barbara

Having recently only found out there are Ainscoughs in my family tree, I went searching out more information on them and along with a lot of a results your blog came up.  I'm not entirely sure if this is the same family, but I am hoping this will be a good starting point.

My name is Kathryn Williams and I live in Auckland, New Zealand.  The Ainscough line showed up for me when I found the maiden name of A Great Grandmother x 5 was Jane Ainscough before her marriage to Thomas Monks in 1825.   It seems to be that her parents are James Ainscow and Margaret Hindley who owned a 20 acre farm in Aspull.

Living so far away with no local knowledge has been an interesting learning curve.  Coming across Farmers with 20 acres after cotton workers , miners and one Publican has been a surprise.

Is this your line?  If it is my Mum and I are curious to know more.  If not , my apologies and if it would be possible to push my luck are you able to point me in the right direction?

Thank you

Kathryn Williams
Auckland, New Zealand

Message from Jasper Parkinson - March 15th 2015:

Hi there


I have just found an entry on your blog in regards to James Ainscrow and Margaret Hindley.

I have reached them in my own family tree and wondered if you have any information you can share.

Many thanks for anything

Jasper Parkinson

No comments: