Sunday, October 27, 2013

James Ainscow m Margaret Hindley - Aspull (1780's?)


Hi all
If you recognise this Ainscow in your tree - Aspull 1780s - please get in touch. Either add a comment at the bottom of this entry or email me directly.
Thanks
B


On 25 Oct 2013, at 22:50, Kathryn wrote:

Hi Barbara

Having recently only found out there are Ainscoughs in my family tree, I went searching out more information on them and along with a lot of a results your blog came up.  I'm not entirely sure if this is the same family, but I am hoping this will be a good starting point.

My name is Kathryn Williams and I live in Auckland, New Zealand.  The Ainscough line showed up for me when I found the maiden name of A Great Grandmother x 5 was Jane Ainscough before her marriage to Thomas Monks in 1825.   It seems to be that her parents are James Ainscow and Margaret Hindley who owned a 20 acre farm in Aspull.

Living so far away with no local knowledge has been an interesting learning curve.  Coming across Farmers with 20 acres after cotton workers , miners and one Publican has been a surprise.

Is this your line?  If it is my Mum and I are curious to know more.  If not , my apologies and if it would be possible to push my luck are you able to point me in the right direction?

Thank you

Kathryn Williams
Auckland, New Zealand.

No comments: