Thursday, November 16, 2006

ELSIE FOXLEY - Great grandmother

Elsie & James Faulkner

Whatever would we have done without the internet and access to the census information as we have today?? I cant imagine how long it must have taken our distant relatives to try and uncover their roots. Anyway thanks to my 2nd cousin Jonathon I have now been able to piece together the FOXLEY line to gain quite an accurate picture and all in just a matter of a few hours!

ELSIE FOXLEY was the wife of Jim FAULKNER (see previous blog), they were the parents of my gran, Freda Ainscough, grandparents to my father Peter and I guess that makes them my Great grandparents, although I never actually got to meet them dad tells some delightful stories about them both.

I can now go back as far as Elizabeth b 1786. and Samuel FOXLEY- born 1781 - of Acton, Nantwich, Cheshire....

1841 CENSUS - CHESHIRE Newhall
Samuel FOXLEY - 60 head- born 1781 of Acton, Nantwich, farmer (my GGGG grandad)
Elizabeth - 55 wife b. 1786 of Acton, Nantwich
John - 20 son (my GGG grandad)
Elizabeth - 15 daughter
Joseph Smith - 10 ??? not sure who Joseph is but he seems to be staying with them.

1851 CENSUS - living at 39 Sound Lane, SOUND
John FOXLEY- 31 head, born Cheshire Acton- agricultural labourer (my GGG grandad)
Martha (nee MEREDITH???) – 27 wife born Cheshire Acton
Samuel - 8 son born Cheshire Wrenbury
Ann – 6 daughter born Cheshire Macclesfield
Joseph - 4 son born Cheshire Wrenbury (my GG grandad)
Mary - 2 daughter born Cheshire Wrenbury
John - 1 son born Cheshire Wrenbury


1891 CENSUS- Cheshire – Wrenbury
Joseph MEREDITH FOXLEY- 44 head – born Wrenbury, railway Platelayer (my GG grandad)
Harriet PARKINSON - 45 wife born Cheshire Wrenbury
Mary - 18 daughter – born Cheshire Wybenbury??, Tailoress
Elsie - 9 daughter born Cheshire Wybenbury??, scholar (my Great grandma)
Harriet Meredith – 12 -visitor – daughter of Inn keeper - (could she be related to Joseph Foxley ?? Joseph was known as Joseph Meredith Foxley) Perhaps Martha, his mother, was nee Meredith and Harriet is a cousin or niece?

No comments: