Monday, July 30, 2007

even more Cowley/Ainscough links- Joanne Horridge


Ainscough of Harrock Hall
John Ainscough d.1872m Margaret (Wignall) d.1866
And Joanne Horridge (joanne@keenan9076.freeserve.co.uk) is also keen to make further links.....it seems the Cowleys & Ainscoughs are in everybody's family tree!

"Hi Barbara
I've found a link in my father in laws family to the Cowleys and Ainscoughs, but on both his fathers and mothers side. Do Thomas Justin Cowley and Francis Joseph Cowley appear on yours? I have John Ainscough who married Margaret Wignall on my tree. Mary Ainscough (nee Wright) who died last year is my father in laws cousin.
Joanne"

Joanne, my tree needs updating, I can find Francis Joseph Cowley but not a Thomas Justin Cowley. I also have a Gerald Ainscough (c1919-?) married E Horridge and Joseph Ainscough (c1916-?) married Mary Horridge in 1940 - see the following for a rough outline - feel free to download documents from the black widget box on the right:

Hugh Ainscough (1689-1745)m Elizabeth ?
I
James Ainscough(1711-1782)m Margaret (1739-?)
I
John Ainscough (1752-1835)m Margaret Worthington (1751-1835)
I
John Ainscough(1794-1872)m Margaret Wignall (1797-1866)of Reynolds Farm, Mawdesley
I
John Ainscough(1838 -1916)m Ellen Smith (1837-1892)of Rutters Farm
I
William Ainscough(1880)m Garlin
I
Brothers Joseph Ainscough(1916-?)m Mary Horridge in 1940 and Gerald Ainscough(c1919-?)m E Horridge

My direct link is John Ainscough & Margaret (Worthington). If you let me have further information on where you fit into the tree I can try and establish how we are related- Also if you have any images you would like to share that would be great.
Good luck! - B

Reply from Joanne Horridge: On 30 Jul 2007, at 21:37, JOANNE HORRIDGE wrote:
"Hi Barbara and John, I have some Cobhams in my family tree they are: Arthur, Enoch, John Danson and Robert. John Danson Cobham married Winifred Wright daughter of Thomas Richard Wright son of Richard Wright who married Alice Cowley.
And John, the Maud Wright you refer to is my husbands grandmother Maude, full name Matilda Maude Mary Wright! Thanks to both of you.
Jo Horridge"

and even more from Jodycat: On 30 Jul 2007, at 23:04, Jodycat wrote:
"Hi, Well my link is my father in law: his father was Robert Horridge (1900-1974)who's brother was Samuel Horridge, he had a daughter called Mary Horridge. Mary married Joseph Ainscough in 1940.I have lots of info showing links between Horridges, Cowleys, Wrights and Ainscoughs.
Jodycat"

Thanks for this John, Jodycat & Joanne - if any of you have any old photos of Mawdesley, Parbold, weddings, families, census detail, wills etc that you would like to share with others please let me know.
B

On 31 Jul 2007, at 08:52, John Cobham wrote:
"Joanne, That’s my family! John Danson & Winifred are my Mother & Father. My mother was great friends of her cousin Maud (& Gertie who lived at St Helens, Fr Austin Griffins Mother). I didn’t know her that well although I used to take my Mother to see her occasionally, Did she have 2 sons from the Horridge side Robert & Bernard?
Regards
John"

On 31 Jul 2007, at 15:18,JOANNE HORRIDGE wrote:
"John - Yes! Robert is my father in law! I'm right round the corner from you. What a small world hey?!
Jo"

2 comments:

Jodycat said...

Hi, Well my link is my father in law: his father was Robert Horridge (1900-1974)who's brother was Samuel Horridge, he had a daughter called Mary Horridge. Mary married Joseph Ainscough in 1940.
I have lots of info showing links between Horridges, Cowleys, Wrights and Ainscoughs.

@boobelle said...

Thanks Jodycat! I shall add this comment to the blog just in case it goes unnoticed.