Sunday, December 16, 2007

David Ainscough - looking for info.

David Ainscough (davidainscough@btinternet.com) has been in touch looking for information about his Ainscough roots.....Ive checked the tree Im working from but so far cannot find his link. If anybody recognises any of the family can you please get in touch. The Croston link makes the connection very possible - Thanks.

On 15 Dec 2007, at 22:02, DAVID AINSCOUGH wrote:
Barbara,
Hello, I came across your details when searching around the Internet and found your Ainscough Family History- Mawdesley page.
I noticed references to Croston, both my grandfather and great grandfather were born in Croston, although exactly where I'm unsure, they were Hugo born about 1894 and his father Robert born 1870. Robert was married to Mary (maiden name not known) Hugo was the eldest of four children Alice, Norah and Thomas. They all lived in Chorley according to the 1901 census which is where my father was born.
Could you shed any light upon Robert's ancestors or point me in the right direction.
Thanks David


On 18 Dec 2007, at 16:06, Andrew Scarisbrick wrote (andy_scarisbrick@hotmail.com):
To David, Barbara and all.
I have a Robert Ainscough, born 1870, Croston, in my tree. He was the son of Hugh Ainscough, born about 1833, Banks (Southport), who moved to Rufford between 1851 and 1861, and later to Croston between 1861 and 1871. Hugh (b. 1833) was the son of Thomas and Betty Ainscough, Thomas born 1806 North Meols.
I have more information on this family, going back a couple more generations if you are interested.
Andrew Scarisbrick


On 23 Dec 2007, at 13:29, DAVID AINSCOUGH wrote:
Andrew et al,
Thanks for this, I've looked at the 1871 Lancashire Census on the net and I've found two Robert Ainscough's that appear to be born around 1870 both in houses next door to each other in Scarisbrick, 48 and 49 Berry House.
Robert aged 4 months was a son living with a father and mother, Thomas and Mary and a sibling Alice at 48.
Robert aged 8 months was a grandson living with a widow Alice aged 57, a son Henry 29 yrs, George a son & widower aged 25 (?) a Betty Ashworth daughter (?) 19 yrs and Robert a son in law (?) aged 23 yrs at 49 Berry House.
There is also the Robert you have so I need to do a bit more digging, my brother has some paperwork that was my father's so I need to have a look at that and see if it helps. The Croston connection favours your Robert, I will let you know how I get on.
David

On 3 Jan 2008, at 11:35, Katie (clevelandmuse@yahoo.com) wrote:
Hi! First of all, I must commend you on your blog! That is amazing! I have a Robert Ainscough born in 1858 married in 1862 Annie Hesketh Callaghan (my Great Great Great Grandmother) in the area of Wigan/Liverpool and later moved to Pennyslvania, parents were Michael and Annie Ainscough. That’s all I know. He ended up in Pennsylvania. Thanks again for your help!
Although the Heskeths were from the area of Wigan, Lancashire, I believe they were already in Pennsylvania by that time. They had five children, 3 of whom survived. There is a city of Hesketh where my relatives were born right near the Ainscough farm near Liverpool, so I think the families knew each other from England. Any help would be appreciated!
If this sounds familiar, please contact me at clevelandmuse at yahoo.com Thanks, Katie

On 4 Jan 2008, at 13:03, Andrew Scarisbrick (andy_scarisbrick@hotmail.com)wrote:
FYI - all 11 Ainscough trees can be downloaded from the black box on the right.
Ainscough Tree Early.PDF
Hugh Ainscough 1803 Tree.PDF
Hugh Ainscough 1820 Tree.PDF
James Ainscough 1820 Tree.pdf
Jane Ainscough 1812 Tree.pdf
John Wareing 1796 Tree.PDF
Richard Ainscough 1814 Tree.PDF
Robert Ainscough 1812 Tree.pdf
Scarisbrick Tree (Small).PDF
Thomas Ainscough 1806 Tree.pdf
Thomas Ainscough 1825 Tree.PDF

To Barbara and David
Here are all the trees I have compiled for my Ainscough family of Southport and Scarisbrick, and my Scarisbrick family from them. I hope you can follow them all. I thought this would be the simplest way to pass on the basic trees.
David, I believe your Robert Ainscough (b. 1870) comes from the Thomas Ainscough 1806 tree. I would welcome your opinion, if you think this is correct or not.
I hope you both find these useful.
Andrew

No comments: