Thursday, August 16, 2012

James Martland Ainscough, born Feb 25, 1854 Standish

 On 29 Apr 2012, at 21:10, Mary Pendlebury (LOVATTDM@aol.com) wrote:


Hi Barbara,

My grandfather was James Martland Ainscough, born Feb 25, 1854 Standish.
He married 3 times.
  • Firstly Sarah Halton of Standish on 6 Oct. 1885, at St. Wilfrid's, Standish. Their son, Sir Thomas Martland Ainscough was born 1886. Sarah died in Feb 1888.
  • 2nd marriage was to Jane Lancaster, born 1861/62, where? They married in 1894 at St. Clements Chorlton cum Hardy in 1894. Jane died in 1907.
  • 3rd marriage was to Margaret Almond in 1908? My mother Dorothy was a daughter of that marriage, born Nov. 1912. She married Gerard Pendlebury (of  Pendlebury and Co. Wigan) in June 1939, he died in 1948. I am the 2nd daughter of that marriage, my sister Anne is the eldest.
Much of my information has been obtained from Parish Records, grave stones, esp. St. Wilfrid's, Standish. I hope this is of some interest.

Thanks for your emails Barbara. You are welcome to pass on the information if you wish, you never know what it might turn up! I don't have any certificates sadly.  I'm only going on what I can get from parish records and one or two books that mention my grandfather, one small one being written by my aunt Margaret Ainscough in 1937. She was my mother's sister and daughter of James Martland Ainscough.
I do have lots of old photos too, which need sorting. I know someone  here whose maiden name was Ainscough, now Elfreda Woolrich, she came from the Burscough area.
Somewhere I have her family tree, but I still have some sorting out to do ! Perhaps there is a link there.

Regards,

Mary

No comments: